Tuesday, April 15, 2014

so, what's new?

I feel like I haven't posted in FOREVER. 

And if a month is FOREVER, then I'm correct.

Ok, so here's what's been going on....


* WOOD FLOORS!! This is my room before the big furniture went back in. The house came with hideous pink carpet that I've always kinda hated. I love pink! More so, medium pink to fuchsia. This stuff was baby pink. Anywho, I've always dreamed of us pulling up the carpet to expose the wood floors. 

So you see kids, dreams do come true.

* I got sick. I was sick for about two weeks with breathing/coughing issues. And to top it off, I experienced so many side effects from the different prescriptions. Ahhh, modern medicine. Praise the Lord anyway.



* F12 fell off. *sigh*



* Blue Bell brought back a seasonal flavor that I love.


* My aunt is moving here from NY. Yay! So that gives me a good reason to go to the City this year. Yay! And we're house shopping for her and she's totally fine with her niece specifically looking for a house with a pool. YAY! This summer just might be something to look forward to. Now we just have to find the right house. ARG.


* I won at Monopoly. I never win at Monopoly. Check out my hotels! My block was pretty great.


* I scored a lovely $6 wool jacket at Goodwill. I thought it was vintage. Turns out it's an Anthropologie brand so it definitely retailed for more than 6 bucks. And I conveniently found it right before we had a rainy, chilly Sunday. Who knows if I'll see another one of those before October?

* Today was my 1 year anniversary at my job. Still so blessed to be there.

What's new with you?

9 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Love the wood floors. I'm guessing the walls weren't that color with pink carpet?

Cute jacket. Congrats on 1 year on the job!

New with me? Packing for a trip to Oahu - business for Les... and a little thing called turning 50 ;)

Notions from Nonny said...

LOVE the wood flooring! So nice!

My posts have been few and far between. life has just been busy!! Glad hear things are going good for you!!

We are right in the middle of our Easter Outreach. Fun times! And just working and not much play! :-)

Hope you have a blessed Easter! Take care!

jennifer lord said...

Sis. Kathy - Actually my room has been blue and pink for some years now b/c I desperately wanted blue walls LOL. So it looked like a baby shower.... er, one of those "we don't know the gender yet" ones.

Eeek! Happy pre-birthday and Aloha!

Sis. K.- Life IS busy! And God bless you all on outreach! I hope you have a big crowd this Sunday!

Mary Frances said...

FINALLY YOU UPDATED!!! LOL I can't believe its been a year already that you have worked there!!! It seems like you were JUST telling me about getting that job!!! Love you! Miss you!! And I got to update you on everything that's NOT WRITABLE for public viewing...bahahaha!!! P.S. You wanna do Youth Corp with me???

Mary Frances said...

I also realized that I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY MONOPOLY!!!

jennifer lord said...

I think I am now updated, as of today LOL.

*GASP* you have to learn to play!

Michelle Dianne said...

Soooo. How come I have never been invited to see these lovely floors, eh? Sheesh, the things a gal's gotta do to get an invite. JK. For real.

Can I place a request for Tante's pool...ahem, house? The pool depth must be at least 9 feet. Please? I'll be the pool girl. Not.

jennifer lord said...

Too late! I already volunteered to be pool girl (on like, a weekly basis).
And yes, pool parties GALORE!

Anali V said...

Your chandelier is so CUTE!!!

And I'm in nursing school, same ol same ol (;