Tuesday, June 30, 2015

it's a tea party, dah-ling.

Or rather, it WAS a tea party back in May. ;)

We had a mother/daughter tea party the Saturday before Mother's Day and it was just splendid, dah-ling. Simply smashing!



my mom and I


my lovely friends! we had wayyyy too much fun with the photo backdrop

..........


WOW. So last fall, our church began its own church school and pictured above are the students who attended. It amazes me to see the growth and maturity in all aspects of these students' lives. I am so proud of them and love the way that they become so close to one another and closer to God.

..........

I took a super quick trip to Washington for my nephew's high school graduation a couple weeks ago....

;

I Love the Pacific Northwest!!!!!!!!!


Mom and niece (and brother peeking around the display)


Pardon my crazy eyes! Ok, we went to Salt and Straw which is what I call a foodie's ice cream paradise. To be clear, I do not consider myself a "foodie" but it's fun to pretend every once in a while. They have all kinds of crazy flavor combinations made from locally sourced ingredients and waffle cones that are made right in the building! All in all, it tasted AMAZING and next time I'm in Portland (or LA), I will be going again. I just wrote wayyyy too much about ice cream.  But anyway, It's that good! I played it relatively safe and got the Strawberry Honey Balsamic with Black Pepper flavor in a waffle cone. Wish I had gotten two scoops instead of just one. :( 



He did it!!!


Rare display of affection between the siblings. I had to get a pic!


Yay! Such Fun!

...........

To end on a sad/happy note, the man who called me (and okay, some other's too!) his granddaughter died this past Friday. Both sets of my natural grandparents have been long gone and I have never really understood the grandparent/grandchild relationship. I am thankful for the time that we've had with him. His homegoing service will be on my birthday so I don't know how to feel about that. He's been such a strength to our church despite the frailty of his physical body. I always think it sounds corny when people say things like this but if there's an airplane or a motorcycle in Heaven, he's sure to be flying/riding it! As he told us last year while in a rehab facility after surgery, "I walk on the wild side!" He didn't quite make it to 100 like he wanted to but he was pretty close.
you are so missed, Bro. McCord.





2 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Yay, an update! You and your mom look so beautiful!

Mary Frances said...

Awwwww!!! We never look that cute at our tea parties!!! LOL!!!