while perusing through an apostolic web-zine, i spotted this blurb about the author of the article:
{Author's Name} is a husband, father, pastor, author and struggling Christian who lives in....
and i thought, "wow, did he just say "struggling christian'? what an interesting way to view it."
per mr. webster:
struggling -
1 : to make strenuous or violent efforts in the face of difficulties or opposition
2 : to proceed with difficulty or with great effort
so usually, people will stick someone in the "struggling christian" slot if they're that one who cannot help but give in to various sins or maybe the one who is always surrounded by bad influence.
but take that connotation out of your mind.
Jude wrote, "Ye should earnestly contend for the faith" (Jude 1:3)
Paul said, " I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7)
again, brother Paul: "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete." (2 Cor. 10: 4-6 NIV)
soooo, we all need to live this walk as struggling, battling, "pressing our way".
an "i'm doing just fine", lukewarm, complacent christian just won't cut it.
Friday, April 17, 2009
struggling christians anonymous
Posted by jennifer lord at 12:44 PM
Labels: my devotion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I like your viewpoint on struggling!!! As long as we keep struggling and don't quit, we're going to make it to the mark. In the spiritual warfare, we may fall but, if we get up and keep going we will have victory!!!
Anyone who says christians are whimps don't know what they are talking about for we are FIGHTERS of the faith!!!
So true! I believe it's Proverbs that says a just man falls seven times AND rises up! It's not the falling that matters, but the struggling, the getting back up!
thank you ladies and amen!
WOW!!! Thats soooo true. I mean when you I think of a stuggling Chirstian I automatically think of someone that is not really making it...But someone that is fighting...I LIKE THAT!!!
yeah, Mary, my mind went on a weird tangent on that post, but i like it too. it blessed me!
Post a Comment