Tuesday, June 1, 2010

just a little righteous indignation

i never listen to radio preachers because huge majority of them are not preaching the truth, plain and simple.

i suppose boredom with just listening to music all day prompted me to tune into the radio on my mp3 player where i heard this guy -- http://www.jamesmacdonald.com/ministryprofile.aspx

he mentioned that he was reading from Acts chapter 2 so naturally that piqued my interest!

and yeah, naturally this joker had no idea what he was talking about.... just as the virgin birth and the parting of the red sea were amazing, one-time occurances in Bible history, so is the miracle in the upper room. oh, and the holy ghost is something that given immediately upon the confession of your faith.

really? hmmmm.....

see because, i've experienced the real thing. one time occurance, my foot! and i was a little peeved that he had the nerve to undermine my holy ghost experience!!

but i'm better now. :)

love the words to this song that came to mind as that silly man was spewing his blasphemous statements:

Now, I don't care who tells me, salvation is not real,
Though the world may argue, that we cannot feel;
The heavy burdens lifted and the vile sins go,
But I was there when it happened and I guess I ought to know.

Yes, I know when Jesus saved me (yes, He saved my soul),
The very moment He forgave me (yes, He made me whole);
He took away my heavy burden (yes, He took my sin and),
And He gave me peace within (gave me peace within).

satan can't make me doubt it (he can't make me doubt it),
It's real and I'm gonna shout it (I'm gonna shout it);
'Cause I was there when it happened (oh, my Lord),
and I guess I ought to know (yes, I ought to know).

0 comments: