WINTER
a blanket of snow covers the Earth.
the wind blows.
then the trees naked branches rustle.
the freezing wind blows.
like an icy finger giving a command.
sooo that was a poem i wrote in maybe the 4th - 6th grade? not sure which.
this makes me smile! i think i've regressed because that poem above is at the height of my poetry writing career. i could not summon the phrase "icy finger" in relation to a cold wind if i tried.
{SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC}
i wrote it on a bee Lisa Frank notepad, like the pic below! remember those?? her stuff is still awesome to me!
but anyway.
it was COLD yesterday. ha, i guess it still is! current temp is 27°
this is what my car said yesterday. my car LIED.... or maybe it doesn't take the wind chill into account. since that was in the 20's, for sure. i knew this because my ears were hurting.
also, the weather people said that we had 20 mph wind gusts. the wind was pushing me when i left my office building yesterday afternoon. weirdest sensation ever.
why am i saying all this?
because these crazy Texas people have the nerve to complain!!!
no, i'm not particularly enthralled with cold temps, besides wearing coats & boots & the occasional snow.
it's the knowledge that the heat {and humidity} will soon come with a vengeance!
so i choose to savor the cold!
carpe diem.
seize the day.
how much more bearable would life be if we learned to appreciate all that we have Right Now?



6 comments:
Jen! My name twin! So I have seen your name in the blog world before and I JUST NOW realized that it was YOU! lol Anyhow it was so good being at your church and meeting you! You're so sweet. :) Love you, keep in touch and come visit me on my blog!
Aaaaaaa! I'm so excited! Yay!
Um, Jen? It was COLD last week and I was one of those crazy Texans that were complaining. But you see, I don't have a car to ride in. Heaters and all that jazz. So, while on a train platform 60 odd feet above ground while that wind was blowing, yes, I admit, I complained.
I could not feel my ears. Or toes. Or fingers for that matter.
the crazy texans were running from one heated area to another!
you don't count. you're no texan!
and they were outside for less than a minute and complaining about how they miss summer. weirdos.
yay for Lisa Frank!! reminds me of the good ol' elementary school days! :D
i miss it so!
Post a Comment