Thursday, March 10, 2011

darling, i love you but give me park avenue...

nope, "green acres" is Not the life for me.

cultural melting pots!
energetic atmosphere!
restaurants of various types of cuisine!



basically this post is just an ode to city skylines and an excuse to show their loveliness on this here blog o' mine.



ha, you know Manhattan will be 1st and foremost on here and in my heart!
proud yankee, yes i am.




i have to throw in some Dallas love. i heart the skyline. 
when i drive on I-45, i try to simultaneously stare at the view on the right or left of my car and steer the car without getting squashed by the other drivers.

{fun fact - my first job was in an underground drug store [nothing illegal, i promise] directly underneath the tallest building}




San Francisco! it sort of reminds me of Manhattan {being a little island housing a huge city}. so pretty.... and Windy! oh my word, i remember that distinctly. gotta love the golden gate bridge too!




Vancouver! oh Canada, oh Canada.... someday i shall visit this metropolis.


 Chee-cago! another that i have yet to visit. DID YOU KNOW... the Chicago River is dyed green every year to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Kinda icky but also, pretty neat!

do you have a favorite city? 
or is green acres the life for you?

6 comments:

Amanda Torres said...

I think San Antonio dyes its river green too for St. Paddy's Day! That would be pretty cool to check out! Love love love the skylines and this totally makes me want to explore a big city! AAAH!

As for favorite skylines, although it's not a terribly big one, Corpus Christi has a pretty beautiful skyline with the seawall being so near the downtown business district. Of course, I am probably a little biased since I practically live there. :P

jennifer lord said...

hey! i think i've heard that about san antonio too. that place is so cute.

believe it or not, corpus is the one TX city that i'm absolutely dying to visit!

Amanda Torres said...

well girlie you should definitely pack your bags and head on down here one of these days! we'd have tons of fun! :D

jennifer lord said...

that would be sooo fun!! if i ever start planning to make the drive there, i will let you know!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I'm not a green acres gal and while I've enjoyed Chicago, DC, San Francisco and other big cities, my favorite = California beach towns! Santa Barbara, Malibu, San Diego, Santa Monica, Monterey, Carmel-by-the-Sea and many more! I just can't get enough of the Pacific Ocean.

jennifer lord said...

We've driven the northern part of Highway 1 and yes, that area is very picturesque!

I HAVE to explore San Diego someday. I've only flown out of there.