Well, would you look at that?! My post last week comprised of hope scriptures and do you see the above CD's title??
Soooo, I saw a post from Pastor King's blog and I kinda bought the album on the spot!
I love a variety of styles of music but hymns are just so beautiful and timeless! They Never get old to me!
As I was listening to the album, it brought me back to when I first got in church waaaay back in the 90's, haha! One of our thrills back then was to load up in the church van on Saturday mornings to attend fellowship meetings and anniversary services of the churches in our fellowship, some down the highway in Ft. Worth or up north four hours in Oklahoma! Those were GOOD times. We kids loved the long rides and the long services and the dinner served afterward where we'd sometimes have only a choice of tea or sweet tea as a drink. Yeahhh... I never did acquire a taste for southern tea. But I digress!
What was also great was when the pastor of each church represented would exhort and then someone in his church would sing a special. And if The Apostolic Church of Fort Worth was there, undoubtedly Bro. Carl King would be requested to sing "The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power". It never got old!
"Heaven Medley" brought me back to the little country churches that we'd visit back in the day. "He Keeps Me Singing" has the feel of a barbershop quartet tune.... love it. And the merging of "What A Friend We Have In Jesus / Hold to God's Unchanging Hand" is done masterfully, with a nice soul feel.
Sooo, I've only mentioned a few songs but all 11 are such a blessing, produced flawlessly and feature Pastor King's wonderful smooth vocals! I think this would be a great addition to your CD library. :)
Buy it on ITunes HERE!
And check out his blog HERE!


2 comments:
What happened to fellowship meetings? We use to have them every month - we would load up a bus full of young people and pack out the little churches in our area!
I am with you on the sweet tea. Syrup over ice ;)
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be checking it out today!
I MISS THEM SOOOO MUCH!!
They've been replaced with the less frequent conferences... *sigh*
Amen on the syrup!
I think you'll enjoy it!
Post a Comment