SO!
Last Week!
I started spring semester and I'm taking my second to last class that I will need to graduate!
EEEEKKK!! Quite excited about that. It's been a long road, folks.
---
My professor encouraged us several times during that first class to always ask questions in life. Don't take things at first value. Question, question, question. And I completely agree with him. Ha, I know he didn't mean it in this way but - Know what you believe. Ask questions. Be certain in your views concerning the things of God. I've seen that a shaky faith just isn't gonna cut it. Building your house on sand will cause you to be swept away.
---
But going back to school- I have one more class after this one that I hope to take this summer. However, I can walk the stage during the graduation ceremony this spring!
Okay, let's be real: I don't care to walk across the stage Yet Again. *sighhhh* One tires of wearing expensive in $$$$ yet cheap in quality flowing polyester gowns after doing this deal twice already {high school and associate's degree}. I was more than content to only celebrate my graduation by going out to a fancy fancy dinner! But alas, my mom really wants me to walk across that stage so I'm doing it for her. I still want fancy fancy dining though!
---
Random Heads Scratcher - what's the deal with Pentecostals/Apostolics letting their little girls wear pants? Is that a new thing? I keep seeing pics of that and I'm a little confused.
---
I got a really cool, sponataneous opportunity to go to SoCal this week soooo I'm going! Yayyyy! Okay Lexie, if you are reading this, I will definitely see you!
Tootles!!
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
the randomness of Jan 2013
Posted by jennifer lord at 4:11 AM
Labels: randomness, school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
1. WOOHOOOOO!
2. Hahaha Yeah, I'm pretty sure ol' professor didn't share your values about asking questions, but I agree with you.
3. I didn't want to walk across stage, either. I only did it because my mom and dad would have stoned me if I didn't. I was the first person on my mom's side to graduate from college so it was kiiiiind of a big deal. I, too, was content to celebrate at a local Mexican restaurant and call it a day.
4. The little girls in pants thing...ummmmmm, yeaaaahhh. I've noticed this, but didn't realize it was a trend. I think some people are equating the pants to leggings and they just aren't. That's like people equating tights with leggings or wearing leggings as pants. NOOOOOOOO!
5. Oh, SoCal. The weather is apparently perfect there. I'll enjoy my 40 degree chilliness in the Bay Area (for now).
Chandra
More Modern Modesty
Gotta admit: I loooove the beaches but I think I'm more of a Bay Girl at heart!!! {it reminds me so much of NY!}
So Cal, huh? You're only 5 hours away from HI, then!!
I can swim to see you!!
Oh wait, I can't swim.
Ok, I'll just have to settle with long distance waving.
Pick a beach and a time and I'll wave back!
LOL OK, deal!!
Post a Comment