Um, HI!
Am I like this every year or is this year unique? Hmmmm.... I'm gonna go with the second option.
My routine around late December/early January is to purchase a planner for the new year. A paper book planner?? I know, I know my phone can do the same thing but writing is so much more fulfilling for me. I bought mine fairly early in December this year since I happened to spot one at an office supply store and I couldn't help myself.
So the next step is to see what day my birthday falls on, fill in birthdays and planned trips. Aha. Here we go.
So I'll be alluding to this A LOT (which is relative, considering how often I end up posting between now and July ;) ) but this year is kinda a big deal. You guys, I turn 30! Treinta! It's the craziest, craziest thing. I feel 18! Okay, not true. I absolutely Am Not as hyper as my 18 year old self. And that's ok! It's all very okay! I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would be so okay and happy and dare I say, Excited about this whole thing.
And you know, despite my psycho excitement, I didn't really want to write about this. "Old" age has caused me to not want to put so much of myself out there on the internets. I mean, hello!! Would you really want everyone knowing exactly how old you are?!? I mean, I know some people don't care but I somewhat do! But I can't Not write about this because:
a) I don't want to totally abandon my blog
b) this has been on my mind A LOT and hey, maybe it can help someone else going through this.
Back to my shiny new planner.... planned trips this year? A couple graduations to go to.... well, maybe I'll only be able to go to one, according to my available time off at work.
And then what? Those are my only planned trips? Conferences? I don't know if I'll go to any. Spectacular trip for my birthday? Will it become a reality? Not sure. What's up with this indecisiveness?
And then began the moping. Ok, it wasn't That Bad. I have moped way more despairingly about way more stupider things in the past. But taking the 30 thing in consideration along with the no man thing/no baby thing/no solid plans thing, I was all like, "Lord, my future is as clear as mud right now!"
I know God is under no obligation to clue me in on anything. Trust and believe, He realizes this too, lol. He also likes me at the point since obviously the only one I can look to is Him. Flipping the pages of my planner won't give me a grand revelation of what to do next.
Yes, so that was December.
We kicked off January in consecration and are currently in a red hot revival. And wouldn't you know it, God has a way of reminding me of what I already know: Trust. Trust in Him. Don't let go of the promises that I know He has given me. Remember that He always finishes what He has started.
The evangelist stated that the steps of a good man [or Woman] are the ordered by God {Psalm 37:23} and though I may not be able to see a mile down down the road, let me at least be able to look down and see the footsteps that I need to take in order to get where I need to be.
I'm also reminded of Sis. Kathy posting that we see the corner but God sees around the corner.
And so I walk on. Bravely and blindly! But also knowing Who holds tomorrow and Who holds my hand.

2 comments:
Good to hear from you!! Glad your church is having revival! That is awesome!! We are in revival the whole month of January. Great way to start the new year.
Take care,
Sis. Frances Kendrick
Yes Indeed!! God is Good!
Post a Comment