Monday, January 11, 2016

JAN 2016 - new year days on the bay

And a happy, happy new year to you!
(at what point do you stop telling people "happy new year"? because I keep feeling compelled to greet those that I haven't seen since last year with those words. hmmm.)


Well.... This year, I got to kick things off with a wedding! Hooray for Carisa and Rene!

Brace yourself for the onslaught of wedding/trip pics :)


Friday night at rehearsal!


lovebirds


Carisa fake looking at her phone so I could get a pic of her cute phone case (full disclosure lolol)


Christy! And Carisa!
HA! After dinner, these two made a beeline to the little tea area of the hotel to make cups of tea (duh). And I was like,Yes! These are my people! Old Ladies Unite!

Saturday was the Big Day and I could hardly sleep. I awoke crazy early and in my mind I'm like SERIOUSLY?! I CAN'T SLEEP AND I'M NOT EVEN GETTING MARRIED TODAY so I was definitely ready in time for the morning Starbucks run.

I helped out some at the reception site with setup and then zoomed (and I mean ZOOMED while praying the cops away + any drivers who dared cross my path...sorta) to the ceremony. Praise the Lord.






love this... it was the sweetest thing. her daddy was singing through the speakers during the walk down the aisle. I totally was trying to control my ugly cry face (more full disclosure lol)



wedding party

And after the Kiss(es), ceremony was over! On to the reception!

Christy and I ended up at the reception site at the same time with the bride and groom so we decided to walk up to the building with them to chaperone :D



got a pic with Carisa before all of the hustle and bustle



Rene made a great groom and flower girl!


Christy taking on her "bride's maid" duties. 
That is what Barista Starbucks Dude wrote on their cups: Bride's Maid. 
no no no :)






I made this! hahaha with the help of Carisa's detailed instruction sheet! I really felt like I accomplished something though.




So many great details! She did a superb job in creating so many items that made this day truly a reflection of her!

I missed the cake cutting (and tasting) because I got roped into some mischief....



Fun Stuff!!! I was freezing though... had to take breaks to uncramp my hand from writing in the cold! LOL



the little downtown area was too adorable! can't wait to see what the photographer captured! this is them in the distance taking pics.


all together now!: Awwwwwwwwwwww!
* sigh *



Post-wedding shopping in San Mateo and the dinner at The Habit back on the east side with these beautiful friends!


Ummm... part 2 to come? I wasn't planning on splitting this up but Hey! Why Not?!

10 comments:

Mary Frances said...

All I'm gonna say looking at these pics is WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm glad to see there was no one else running the sweets table...I'm IRREPLACEABLE!!! Sooooo that's the cake, when Carissa told me her cake was going to be naked I GASPED...NAKED???? I didn't even know a cake could be naked but it sounded so scandalous!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Sigh...Another matchmaking success...just bummed I wasn't there to witness it...*If you can use anything Lord, you can use ME...that's MY PRAYER TODAY!!!

Mary Frances said...

LOL I meant to say that at the end...like I was being funny...Not serious!!! LOLOL

jennifer lord said...

You were missed, Ms. MatchMaker!!

Hahaha, this was my first time seeing a naked cake in person. They are super popular on Pinterest!

Kathy McElhaney said...

So beautiful! My brother and sister-in-law celebrated their 35th anniversary on January 2nd!

After reading the comments, I had to go back and look at the naked cake. Never heard of that before! What's the point of cake without frosting? ;)

jennifer lord said...

That's so neat!

Sometimes the frosting is too much though! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!!! Loved the post!!!! So glad I was able to spend time with the "wedding superhero" hahaha. So thankful you were there and I got to know you better!!! Looking forward to more fun and adventurous times!
-christy

Britt said...

I just love weddings! Lovely pictures Jen! Looking forward to part 2..
(btw, have Joel and Estrella had any babies yet? just curious)

jennifer lord said...

MI-JA (I'm so stealing you guys' nickname)!! I loved hanging out with you and you make me want to go to SoCal again! We definitely have to have another adventure SOON. LOL get married and I can bring my superpower pixie dust. :)

Thanks Britt! No babies yet...

Unknown said...

Aww I love this post! It made me smile!! And I digress, Jen I LOVE your wedding outfit. From head to toe it's gorgeous! Back the wedding- lol beautiful and I can tell it was a blast!! Congrats to the bride and groom!

jennifer lord said...

Aw, thanks friend!