I can only use this title for a few more days sooooo..... Heyyyyyy!
Today at work we're going through a huge thing they're calling "conversion" which is, in a nutshell, converting all of our phones and computers over to a more powerful server. Therefore, our network is down so computers are down and phones are down. Sounds like a vacation to me, ha!!!!! I just moved some large items from upstairs to a downstairs storage (and it took three trips!) so I'm taking a break. Yay for exercise.
So yes, madness and gladness.
Madness because life stays busy and people stay crazy {isn't that a country song or something?} Gladness because in every circumstance, I choose to give Him thanks (even if it might take awhile to actually feel like giving thanks... though love is not a feeling, right?).
Madness in the world...
| Pray for Paris |
| Pray for Brussels |
Terrorism is an ugly thing that is not going away.
I saw the above urging people to pray for these cities and I was kinda taken aback because really, since when is prayer encouraged? In some parts of the world, they deal with terrorism on a daily basis and the y never receive all of the world's attention when some happens yet again. I think when we see attacks occurring in say, place that we might actually want to visit someday, it's a wake up call. I have very little desire to vacation in the Middle East yet I have dreamt of walking the streets of Paris.
Just remember that lots of people all around the world are experiencing terrible things frequently with little to no media coverage.
Speaking of media coverage- don't get me started on the presidential primaries and candidates. Well, a certain candidate. :)
Please be wise. I know that politicians will bend and adjust to whomever they wish to please at the moments. That's just how they do.
And yes, I am cynical. :)
But be wise and cognizant when they are blatantly pandering to groups of people that they would not have been associating with a year ago.....
"Pandering is the act of expressing one's views in accordance with the likes of a group to which one is attempting to appeal"
BUT ENOUGH OF THAT!
I used to love listening to Brant and Sherri's afternoon show on Air 1 since they were hilarious and had a unique perspective on a lot of things. Then they left which made me sad but now they post a podcast that I listen to sometimes. Sherri talked about being single in the March 9th episode as a "Special Oddcast" and said sooooo many good things so I wanted to share the link! http://branthansen.com/feed/podcast
......
Earlier this month, Michelle did a dinner party for the young(er) ladies in our church since she was teaching them etiquette lessons. And of course, since this party was her vision, everyone knows it's going to be unbelievably beautiful. She totally transformed our fellowship hall into a gorgeous setting and there are pictures to prove it. Go look on her blog:
http://shelleydianne.blogspot.com/2016/03/our-fabulous-dinner-party.html
Also here's a teaser.....

2 comments:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy you updated!!! Beautiful table setting...WOW!!! Btw: we need to catch up, its been a while!!!
Beautiful setting!
Post a Comment