Monday, April 16, 2012

don't get comfortable

yes, you read correctly. DON'T get comfortable. :)

It's a human tendency to grow accustomed to the things as they are. In some cases, its fine but we need to remember that some things enter our lives for the sole purpose of tying us down and making us weaker.

My church has recently begun 52 day challenge of "wall building" which consists of prayer, fasting, scripture memorization and Bible reading. It's rigorous but definitely strengthening! We've barely completed week 2 and you can already see the impact! So basically what I'm going to share is my testimony that I completely attribute to this extra digging that I've been doing with the church family.

For some time now (months? A couple years?) I had constantly felt very overwhelmed with life. My life is fairly busy and I'm pretty adept at procrastination so I blamed my feelings on myself.

*if only you'd......then you wouldn't feel this way*

Also I kinda despise numbers, as in classes that require me to do something with numbers, haha. I prefer the alphabet over numbers any day!!!! Anytime I'd go to class, I would feel So Incredibly Inadequate. Opening my textbook bothered me. And to boot, I don't always ask for help like I should because it's "my fault" that I cannot understand it all.

So a couple Saturdays ago, I was marketing our car wash fundraiser {translation: standing in the median of our busy street with my headphones on and holding a sign} when a thought came to my head that basically said, "have you ever realized that all you've been feeling is an oppressing spirit?" well now that you mention it.... Nope.

Don't get me wrong, I always prayed for Jesus to help me with my feelings but I was praying incorrectly. My Pastor speaks of the importance of praying specifically and I had been failing to do this! So I began to pray against the oppression and it didn't take long to go away.

Life is Still super busy but I feel as though a huge burden has been lifted from my mind!

I studied for my math test last week and i easily comprehended the material! Then i took the test and wowwwww it was amazing. I always have horrible test anxiety during math tests but not this time! I actually walked out with a smile on my face! Again, amazing.

Don't allow negativity to become a norm in your life. If you have the holy ghost, you are more than capable to overcome anything that may be impeding your growth.

2 comments:

Hanna said...

Ha! Love the "someone oughta testify" tag!

Awesome post! & SO true about praying against spirits! My Dad teaches about that often, it's like, "oh ya, I'm a child of God. I DO have God-ordained authority to boot the devil out the door!!"

jennifer lord said...

right?! so easily we forget how much authority God gave us!