Wednesday, February 20, 2013

she lives!!

She lives indeed!

I'm still here breathing and walking and talking and eating (less than I did in December, thankfully. I was baaaaad!). Oh, and trusting. Definitely trusting! God, that is!

I think about blogging way too often but I don't blog! I guess I don't feel like, super inspired to share anything with the world! 

Except now! 
Cuz I have a thought and if I were a preacher, I'd preach it {hahaha!} so to any preachers currently reading {HAHAHA!}, don't steal my message! ;)

*ahem*
Okay, this message is entitled... no, no I kid.

I guess the thought came to me because I recently saw an x-ray of my bones. None are broken but one is doing weird stuff. Anyway.

I have a fascination with the intricacies of our human anatomy and I recall learning about bones. In the event that one breaks a bone and it's a clean break, sometimes very little intervention is needed for the bone to properly fuse back together. However, it may Not set properly. The only way to remedy this is for the doctor to re-break the bone.

Personal application time! So, I joke about getting "old and set in my ways" but hey, it happens. Sometimes I can rely on past situations and experiences as my guide for how I think things should be.... when in reality, my thinking is wrong wrong wrong. I see the importance of having a teachable spirit....  a willingness to take a step back, survey my past ways and allow the man of God to perform surgery via preaching on my former way of viewing things.


"Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head" 
Psalm 141:5

0 comments: