Saturday, April 20, 2013

busy busy busy (and I like it!)

Happy Saturday :)

My first week back to work is complete! I thought I would do some serious sleeping in today but I only slept for like seven hours.

Even while not working, I would have some long days of running errands and doing random stuff but it's a different dynamic when you aren't at home all day. My new job definitely keeps me busy and engaged and constantly learning! I Needed this and I'm sooo thankful.

I realized the other day that when I think about the new job, I am literally GUSHING in my mind. There are so many things that I love about being there, it sounds like I'm exaggerating. So when I say that I LOVE the part of the city that I work in or the coworkers and office culture are a GREAT fit for me or how I am THRILLED about having a Keurig in the breakroom and that this is the NICEST, most SPACIOUS desk that I've ever worked at.... I sound all kinds of ridiculous. {UGH, give this chick a reality check!}

I'm just so grateful. You can't imagine my gratefulness. Even I can't handle my own gratefulness.

First impressions are lasting ones. At my previous job during training, I pretty much knew that I wouldn't love what I was doing. It was okay but I wasn't passionate about it. What made up for the ambivalence about the job was great managers and coworkers.

So here I am now, working with everything from new hire paperwork to exit interviews and everything in between. I've always enjoyed working with HR and I'm thankful of the opportunity to be back in it.

So yeah.... pardon me for my totally GUSHING post. I'm sure it may strike some as nauseating. Just know that ONCE AGAIN, God has swooped in and completely exceeded my expectations. :)

6 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

He does "exceedingly, abundantly above all we can ask or think!" Gush on, sister, gush on!!

Mary Frances said...

Awwww i'm sooooo EXCITED for you!!! NOW...Post pics of ALL the things you just gushed to us about!!!

Anali V said...

Yay !

Chandra said...

I am so happy that you're happy! This is awesome news! Thank you Jesus for an awesome new job--that you enjoy!!

Chandra
More Modern Modesty

Notions from Nonny said...

How exciting what God has blessed you with!! All those things make for a great environment! And we know those things matter when you have to work. (Might as well have comforts, right?)

Keep updating! I look forward to reading the good reports!!

Blessings...
Sis. K.

jennifer lord said...

Thanks for the love!