Thursday, April 4, 2013

and He comes through yet again!!!!

hello there, mr. blog {wait, is my blog a boy??}

anywho.... 

I am SO thankful and SO overwhelmed with gratefulness because 
 I got a shiny, brand new JOB!


 {because sometimes only a .gif file can convey your emotion}

Ummmm WOW. Where do I start?! First of all, I won't go in detail with all of this but God is doing SO much in my household in the form of this job, a successful surgery, a benign tumor and victorious court case. It's a lot to take in, to say the least.

So this job hunt deal has been going on full force since January. It's been a interesting! Some weeks, I would get a few emails or a phone call from a hiring manager or recruiter. Some weeks I would hear nothing at all. My hopes would be lifted by a prospective job {Ooooo! Work for Hilton's corporate office! Hotel discounts!} only to wait....and wait....and wait for the follow-up phone call that never came from the manager. And then the nice recruiter calls to apologize because the job has moved to.... NASHVILLE, TN. Yeah, true story.

And I had only ONE in person interview in that 3 month time span. Didn't get that job.

Then there was last week.... I was scheduled for THREE face to face interviews for that one week. My thinking was, "Okay God, I need to get at least one of these jobs!"

So Wednesday of last week, I was scheduled for two interviews in the morning. Basically, I had to hightail it across Dallas {hoping and praying for adequate time and NO traffic} with two hours between the two interviews.

COMPANY A - 9am interview - Really nice manager! Really nice people in the office! A faith based, non-profit. Very different from what I'm used to. I was super comfortable during my interview too. At one point she was like, "I can tell you're a high energy, multitasker." Ummm, I guess?!?! I think I smiled and nodded or something HA! I left there really liking them. She was going to call me Friday.

Praise the Lord, I made it across town in record time. I stopped for "brunch" at Taco Cabana. When I was done eating, my phone rang. COMPANY C wants to interview me on Friday. Sounds great! It's very competitive to work there and they reside in two lovely high rises in downtown Dallas!

COMPANY B - 11am interview - How do I put this kindly? Okay, I'll be blunt - I kinda hate this part of town! The recruiter prepped me on the phone interview, telling me that their current building is not nice but they are building a new facility to open later this year. And yep, the building wasn't very attractive but hey, it's temporary. First impressions are lasting for me. I walk in and this guy is staring me down. Okay, now I'm annoyed. He directs me to the receptionist. She gets the general manager to interview me. He's a really nice guy! And he shows me the building plans for the new facility.

THURSDAY, waiting to have lunch with a friend and I get a call from COMPANY B's recruiter. He asked me a few more questions and told me that he would be calling me on Monday after a couple more interviews. Then later that afternoon, they called again with a job offer. Ummmmmm, I still want to see how Friday goes. They were very pushy but I told them I would get back to them.

GOOD FRIDAY. Heehee! I'm getting ready for my 10:30 interview with COMPANY C and COMPANY A calls me.... with a job offer! Yayyyyyyyyyy! And they offered me a little bit more than COMPANY B.

You guys. This all occurred two weeks after my last check from my old company! I REALLY didn't want to apply for unemployment and God made a way. *SIGH!* He allowed me to go back to my first love, human resources! I'm super excited to work for a non-profit! And I can tell that these are a group of good coworkers since I got a brief period to interact with them. My new boss seems really fun and nice. SOOO thankful. All glory to God.

 

12 comments:

Elias L. Martinez said...

I say congratulations! Celebrate

-Elias

jennifer lord said...

Haha, I need a celebratory cupcake!!
Thanks!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Woo hoo! So happy for you!

And that gif? Spectacular!

Chandra said...

THANK YOU, JESUS! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I am so, so, so happy! Plus, that GIF is awesome!

Chandra
More Modern Modesty

Jennifer Connell said...

TWIN! So happy for you!! That is awesome! What an amazing, prayer answering God we serve.

And like everyone else, lovely GIF! lol

Britt said...

Awesome!!
Please tell us more about your new job when you get a chance!!
God is so good!!
(Love the GIF!! LOL)

jennifer lord said...

Thanks for the love, all!

Anali V said...

I love non-profits :) !
Yay for a job so you can come to CA! :)

jennifer lord said...

When am I coming to CA?!?! LOL!

Britt said...

How's Michelle, btw?? She's disappeared again lol

jennifer lord said...

HA she's good! She recently came from a European vacation so I want her to post her pics!

Notions from Nonny said...

Congrats on the new job!!

Hope you are doing well....