I went to an allergist today! Have you ever been?
(I seriously feel like I'm writing an elementary school paper. BUT that's okay!)
I dunno, I guess I want to document it for some reason. It was a strange, educational experience.
My normal allergy meds were not working At All this season and it's been tough for the past few weeks. Sniffling and stuffiness and when I talk sometimes, it sounds like I'm pinching my nose. Random strangers asking you if you're having allergy issues and doling out advice. Fun times.
So I found an allergist conveniently located near the job, yayyyyy.
Okay, they have to figure out what you're allergic to so to do this, they put 50 irritant samples on your back and wait for a reaction. If you're one of those lucky people who hardly show a reaction on the back [ME], then you have to get pricked by 18 needles in your arms to test for reactions.
Oh, and they itch but you can't scratch them! They itched at 9am and 12+ hours later, they still itch! They may itch for up to a week! But you're not supposed to scratch and I'm sitting here wondering how in the world I can prevent clawing my arms while in my sleep....
But the results came in and I'm allergic to pollen from weeds, grass and trees.
Seriously?!? They're unavoidable!
Thinking of investing in one of these....


4 comments:
Les is the same way! He had the needle test, too. This is the worst time of the year for him. He did shots for a while, now he takes 3 medications daily :( Allegra, Singulair and Flonase. They work most of the time and he doesn't get as sick as he use to.
He's also allergic to pet dander... at least he's not allergic to me!
LOL I'm NOT laughing at your allergies, buuuut it IS kinda funny...like HOW are you supposed avoid TREES??? Thats soooo WEIRD!!! Well at least your NOT allergic to AIR!!! That would be VERY UNAVOIDABLE!!! Annnnnd at least your NOT like MJ, allergic to PROTIEN!!!
God bless Bro. Les! I too am slightly allergic to pet dander, haha!
Mary- It's okay to laugh at my weirdness!! Aww, poor MJ. I kinda like chicken....
ha ha at your investment idea! I definitely need to see an allergist.
Post a Comment