Tuesday, December 10, 2013

dashing through the.... ICE

It's been an interesting past few days!!

So I wore sandals on Wednesday because I saw that things were about to get a bit wacky, weather wise.

LOOK at the pretty trees by my job. SOOOO STINKIN' PREETY. Ack, I love them. I snapped a pic b/c I was afraid the storm would blow all the leaves away.

this was the last day that I saw sunshine
Then, Thursday was pretty cloudy all day and the storm loomed nearer..... oooooo....
I was able to borrow a laptop to work from home (yay! thank you, work!) just in case I would not be able to come in on Friday. I could hear the ice starting to come down after I had gotten home that night. Praise ye the Lord!

Friday was cool since I was home all day but it was Not cool b/c sometimes the house was a bit Too cool! The electricity went out a few times. Thankfully, the longest stretch was about 3 hours long. That's nothing compared to the people who didn't have any electricity for over 3 days! And my mom and I were discussing how some go through the winter without any heat at all! We are really pretty blessed!

Tree debris in the front yard
It may look pretty but it's not snow! Ice is very dangerous and trees getting weighed down with the stuff can take down power lines, damage roofs, etc. One of our limbs broke our neighbor's side view mirror on his truck. Ooopss....


Saturday, I ventured out to run errands and work on projects at church. It wasn't too bad, thankfully!
Then Sunday was church! I saw about 4 or more accidents on the way there. Don't speed on ice, people!

Monday, I went to the office and it was a lil scary when crossing a couple bridges but not too bad. And today was pretty good. And the sun came out! So I'm hoping that'll help with melting.

my view across the street while waiting to cross a bridge

crossing icy bridge. obvs i was feeling pretty confident if i was taking pics.

"yay i made it to work!" gratuitous selfie ;)

1 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

BRRR!! Glad you're okay!