I rarely delve into this territory but since I am an expert on singleness *ahem* [with over 20 years of experience, ya know] , I felt an unction to impart some wisdom to the masses....
OK, this cracks me up! But it's not completely true... you ARE Loved! God loves you. This is starting to sound like a Sunday School lesson but really though - God sincerely loves you. You matter to Him despite how insignificant you may feel.
And not only does God love you, I'm sure you have people in your life that fall into the category of "the ones who love me". Family, friends, church family, etc..... you are very loved, I assure you.
So why be discouraged because that "special someone" doesn't love you/doesn't like you/doesn't know you exist? Contrary to popular belief, life does not begin when you are in a relationship or when you are married. Life begins on.... your day of birth. The gift of life is taken for granted. God gave us a life and wants us to make the most out of it. It does us no good to be down and out because the life that we were given isn't the life we imagined in our heads. You wanna talk about planning out a life and nothing going the way you wanted?!? Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
I am blessed to have some wise women in my life. When I was going through a tough time, one told me something that has stuck with me - Stay Busy. When you stay busy in the life you've been given now, it gives you little time to focus on what isn't happening. When you're occupied with finding ways to help others, it keeps you from sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself. Plug yourself even more into your church. Pray and look for ways that God can use you to be a blessing to others.
"....The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit...."
Will it always be smooth sailing? Noooooooooo. This is why in addition to staying busy, Trust God. The older I get, the more I realize how much I don't understand. But you know what's great? I'm also realizing that it's rather freeing to not be able to make sense of everything. "God, I have no idea what is happening but I'm going to leave it to you."
Say it with me:
God Doesn't Need My Help
God Doesn't Need My Help
God Doesn't Need My Help
He's God so.... yeah.
And don't forget to Live Life. Remember, it's already there for you to live it. Take up a new hobby! Travel! Plan a road trip! Make new friends! Buy something special for yourself! Go to the symphony! Throw a party! Read lots of books! Write a song! Take advantage of the freedom that singleness allows you. Single does not equal Stagnant.
Make the most of your time now and allow God to work in His perfect time.


6 comments:
This is so good! Singles - when you are interested in life, you become interesting to others!
Ooo good one!!
OMW!! That's seriously cracking me up Jen!!! That's the funnnniest lil icon everrrr!!! LOVE YOU!!!! Purrrrr!!!
It's Hilarious!
Love you too! (Purrrrr lol)
Really nice blog! I was wondering if you would be interested in writing/blogging for www.everythingapostolic.com? The vision is to build the site to be a resource for everything Apostolic. We are looking to add a female writer to the team. Email me at aliford@everythingapostolic.com! Look forward to hearing from you.
Post a Comment