Unpleasant Way To Spend Your Monday Morning - standing out in the cold, watching your car being loaded onto a tow truck.
This was me this Monday morning!
And I did feel a little sad at the time.
But thankfully, that's not the end of the story....
It all started Sunday night. We had great services and it was wonderful to see some really reach out to God. Our church is going on consecration for the month of February. Now if you've ever been on a consecration, you know there are victories to be had but there are also random things that go awry. When you get serious about God, there's always gonna be some opposition!
So again, great service on Sunday night! I leave the church and decide that it would be smart to get gas for work tomorrow. Drive to the gas station near my house, fill 'er up and get back into the car. Push brake, press button [lol, there's no ignition to turn in Nissans] annnnndddd nothing. Car will not start. Repeatedly push the brake and press button.... nothing. My first thoughts were, "Ok, really God?!?! We're just barely starting consecration and stuff's going wrong already!?!?!?
I tried swapping out the battery in my key for a new battery. Still nothing. Doors can be locked/unlocked just fine. Trunk pops up. Panic button works. But No Car Starting!
So eventually, my dad had to pick me up and we had to leave my car at the gas station [again, so thankful that I stopped very near to my house!]. While pulling into the driveway, I got inspired by an evangelist - Bro. Carlson. When his truck was stolen, people asked him if he was going to buy a new one. And he was like, Nope. God gave him that truck and if he had to buy another one, God would have to make a way for him to get another one again. [And he was able to get his truck back with very minor damages and none of his valuables taken!]
I decided that all of this is a direct effect of our church doing extra to get closer to God. Therefore, if that's the case, I believed that God would come through and I would have to spend very little to no money to get my car fixed. Scary! But I was excited to see what God would do!!
....
Monday - Tow truck came and picked up Alejandro [don't laugh] and I followed behind. The Dealership Guy said that it would cost $125 to run a diagnostic test but if I had warranty, that would cover it. Ummmm, my warranty recently ran out....yeah. But there was a long line of cars ahead of mine so it would be a while before they'd get to check to it out.
About 15 minutes later on my way to work, Dealership Guy calls me and mentions that there could possibly be an issue that causes the car to not recognize the key to start the engine. IF that is the issue, then the warranty for that is extended and I would not have to pay anything. OH GOD PLEASE LET THAT BE IT!!
Naturally, I get to work and start googling like mad. Naturally.
I find other people with the same year and model of my car who have had the exact.same.issue.
And for a lot of them, when it occurred - the company wasn't acknowledging there was a problem with the cars so they had to pay from $750 - 1,000+ in repair costs. Now Nissan is offering to reimburse them. And for any who has that issue now, they fix it for free.
My car didn't get diagnosed until Tuesday morning and hallelujah, my car had the same issue! The part has to be ordered so they gave me a rental. And I have to pay zero dollars out of pocket. Wowwwww.
God is so crazy good to me. :)

2 comments:
That's great, Jen!! God is good!
I'm glad Alejandro is going to be okay! lolol!
(It's okay, I name cars, too.)
He Surely Is!!!!!
Post a Comment