Monday, January 26, 2009

why i love my skirts :o)

in the break room while warming up my lunch today, a coworker (who says his dad is a Apo preacher) mentioned to me that an anonymous person was talking to him about how they saw me in our gym on a treadmill in a skirt and that they had never seen that before.

he in turn explained scripture and biblical modesty and the "extreme" idea of keeping your body for your husband's viewing only. so this other guy was wowed and said that it makes him wanna marry someone like that. awwww!

i love my skirts..... you should too. *wink*

8 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Yeah for you, Jen!
I run outside in a skirt (a benefit of living in So Cal) and have had a few looks through the years. Overheard a couple of male cyclists once:
Cyclist #1: See that lady over there? She always runs in a dress.
Cyclist #2: Yeah, I know!

That's okay, I'm a Pentecostal and I am not ashamed!!

jennifer lord said...

hi kathy! give me till about march and it will be running outside weather over in dallas ;). the cyclists comments: ahh! i love it! doesn't it feel great?

Mary Frances said...

Oooooo....I love my skirts too...AND I love my men, that love me, loving my skirts!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!

jennifer lord said...

Mary, i love you! LoL!

Mary Frances said...

LOL HAHA!!! IDK!!! that just totally came into my head-like we could make it into a song or something!!! HAHA! We TOTALLY gotta meat sometime!!!

Bekki said...

Mary. You are seriously TOOO much. LOL

Jen, I totally love that! I love my skirts too! AND my hair. I have had so many comments on it, and people telling me to never cut it (NOT EVER in my plans in JESUS Name). When I was at University I had a guy skate by and turn around to come back to tell me that he loved my hair.

Pentecostal girls are beautiful WITHOUT Makeup, WITHOUT pants or immodest apparel, WITHOUT short hair. I wish every young girl could understand that.

jennifer lord said...

true words, bekki! i must admit that today i wasn't at my highest peak of "apostolic esteem"...i had (just coined the term today) a Bad Face Day, lol! but then i was thinking about being created in the image of God and it def helped.

Bekki said...

Ohhhh, yes. A bad face day. I have had a bad face WEEK!! I went to get some waxing done last friday...and yeah. Lets just say my face hasn't been this broken out since I was a teenager. It's HORRIFYING.