Monday, September 10, 2012

Youth Alive 2012

Happy Monday!

Youth Alive was only 2 services but they were 2 intensely power packed services! Seriously! There was an awesome presence of God during both services. I'm so thankful for Bro. Jones allowing God to use him.

Special THANK YOU to Sis. Kathy for being an absolutely Incredible hostess! Love her SO much! She is truly a wonderful example of the woman I aspire to become someday.


*ahem* which brings me to the infamous chair incident.... OK so Sis. Kathy cooked this amazing pasta dish and I was sitting down to chow down and this happened.....


Uh-Huh! Yeah! I was in a brief state of shock initially but it was Hilarious!!! Bro. McElhaney informed me that this chair was put out to unsuspecting guests (not really!!). And then later on, I apparently got even by messing up the electricity in the house! Ahhh, good times!

Soooo Thursday, Michelle wanted to go to a Belizean restaurant for lunch and we did! And it was soooo good!

Mich in garnaches eating bliss

my food was soooo plentiful and sooo good! oh and that bean dip was to die for!

So I saw some frens!!! Hi frens!


Finally met Kendra!! She's so awesome! We text often but met face to face finally!
OH fun fact! I remember seeing Kendra for the first time on stage at my 1st Youth Alive in Knotts Berry Farm (2009) and thinking that she was so cool to have natural hair. True Story! I wasn't natural at that time, haha!

Happy to meet Courtney and Misha and Carisa!! And I had a mini Heritage reunion with Jedidah and Anali!

moi, Courtney, Kendra, Misha, Anali, Carisa, Michelle @ Poquito Mas!
Misha and Courtney are a HOOT!!!!

See, Courtney was making me laugh while taking the pic "1....2.... 5!!"

TAKE TWO! Kendra and I!
We're American!

We are Too!!

Bekki and I! My other gracious cook last week, haha!

Frens! Me, Michelle, Anali and Melissa

Aww, wish I could've gotten pics with the Bell Gardens Belles! and Kim! and Crystal! and others! So good to see you all though!

And what's an LA trip without la playa?

Zuma Beach


I'm in my happy place

 



Santa Monica Pier

This is the ghetto version Mickey and Minnie. They were having to hold up their ears and they turned their bodies every time I tried to snap a picture.

Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade


12 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

The chair incident! Oh.MY. I was SO embarrassed, but now I'm sitting here laughing! Good times! So glad you stayed with us.
Love you!

jennifer lord said...

No, it made for a great running joke!!! Thank you again and love you! :)

Anali V said...

It really did remind me a lot of Heritage though. lol

Good times :)

Elias L. Martinez said...

Didn't get to meet you but glad you had a blast!

-Eli

And you know Anali too!

jennifer lord said...

Elias, I know!! But glad I went!

And yeah, sadly I know Anali.... :D :D :D

Carisa Luisa said...

JEN! It was so nice to meet you!!! The chair incident was too funny!!
Hope your flight home was good! ;)
Tell Michelle Hello for me!!

Ms. J said...

Jen! Yay! Was so glad to see you again :)

jennifer lord said...

Carisa - glad to meet you too! I will tell her!

Jedidah - Good to see you again too! We need to have more Heritage reunions lol!

Opus T. Penguin said...

Ghetto Mickey and Minnie. That's too funny.

Kim said...

Jen,

I'm sad we didn't get to talk more! Next time:)

Kim

jennifer lord said...

I KNOW! I just remember briefly talking and seeing your face smiling in the dark auditorium LOL! Next time!

Anonymous said...

It was a awe-inspiring post and it has a significant meaning and thanks for sharing the information.Would love to read your next post too……