Wednesday, November 28, 2012

open letter wednesday

Dear Thanksgiving Leftovers,
The truth is..... I always love you more than the initial Thanksgiving meal. Cold cranberry sauce in the fridge, turkey sandwiches, random lunches of only turkey and spinach, smorgasbord dinners-- you warm my little heart.

Dear travel bug,
I do believe that I am due to visit some other location, since you are bothering me a bit. Just not till after December. Where shall we go??

Dear Hostess Foods,
I'm kinda in awe of the public outcry at the prospect of losing Twinkies. It's sad that so many of your jobs were lost but America wasn't as concerned about that. They wanted processed snack cakes. Wow. Just wow.

Dear Powerball Lottery,
Many of my coworkers have pooled their money together so that they can win you. OF COURSE I didn't participate (um, sorry?). But then I wondered just *what if* they win and all leave me here as a non-millionaire.....? Hm. Maybe that'll be job security? And hopefully a promotion, too.

4 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

We never have Thanksgiving leftovers ~ we always travel. I miss them.

Go somewhere warm in January!

Well, you know the government will take care of those people who lost jobs {insert eye roll here}, but who will feed us more processed junk without Hostess?

A promotion sounds great!!

jennifer lord said...

Warmth in January sounds like a good idea!

HAHAHA! You're so right about that....

I heard there was one millionaire ticket purchased in Dallas. We'll see if I will be left solo in my office@

Mary Frances said...

I'm NOT gonna lie...I'm in AWWWW that I'll NEVER have a twinkie again!!!

jennifer lord said...

I know you can make waayy yummier stuff than any of those Twinkies!!