"What? Why is she talking politics? I thought she didn't like this stuff!"
I don't. :) I don't like the name-calling and lies among candidates and overly passionate attitude of voters, whether it's drunken dancing in the streets or uncontrollable weeping.
But I DO like this part - the counting of the ballots and the analysis and all.
So despite my persistent ambivalence, after giving blood I went and voted. All day long, I had been seeing people posting their "I Voted" stickers on Instagram. Maybe that convinced me? LOL! Went to my local voting station and Guess What?!? They weren't giving out stickers! THE NERVE!!!
So, if your man/woman won the presidency or a house representative seat or the railroad commissioner position, congrats! If your man/woman didn't win the presidency or a house representative seat or the railroad commissioner position, no worries! God is in control of all of this, after all.
Craziness.... After reading several news stories and refreshing my map often last night, I actually dreamed about politics!!
A few things I want to touch on-
*See my map above? That's a screenshot from this morning about 7:30am CST. Okay, Florida is the only grey undecided state. Seriously, what is the deal with Florida???? Remember way back with the whole Dubya/Gore debacle and the recounts? I don't understand.
*Look at the numbers under the popular vote. It was a very close race! Exciting! Also the Senate is almost split in half.
*I think swing states are super interesting. The media was calling them "battleground states".... so dramatic. But I think that if I lived in a "battleground state", I would definitely make more of an effort to be an informed citizen. Just being real!
*Jesse Jackson Jr. has not been campaigning and is being investigated for misusing funds. However, he Won! Hmmm, wonder why....
*WA and CO just legalized recreational marijuana. Washington - I get it. But COLORADO?! When I think Colorado, I think Heritage (haha!) and Adventures in Odyssey and Focus on the Family. But yeah, I'm sure that's just a small segment of their population. It's just so odd to me! There's a report that there are more pot shops in Denver than Starbucks. Really?!?
*I've never made a bucket list. But if I did!!.... One item on it would be to go to a election party. The kind in a hotel or a ballroom where I can wave my little flag and they drop balloons and confetti from the ceiling when your candidate wins. It doesn't have to be a national election. I just need balloons and/or confetti to fall down. *SIGH!!!* Okay I'm done.


2 comments:
Next time you want a sticker, let me know. I've got the hook-up. ;) Pottery Barn Kids "I Voted" stickers!
Ohmygosh Really?!?!? That's awesome!
Post a Comment