Monday, June 15, 2009

the pursuit.

life is a whirlwind.
 
"I'm on top of the world but my world is upside down"
 
so easy to get caught up in the insignificant.... especially in our modern society. the world teaches us that we need to channel our focus, our wants, our desires on the tangible.
 
wear yourself out for that higher rung on the corporate ladder
 
acquire as many phone numbers as you can in that little black book
 
it's alright to be horribly in debt if you're up to date with all the latest styles
 
you've gotta have the newest technological gadgets
 
boil it all down and what is all of this? nothing. no substance. amazing, isn't it, that all we ever needed and need and are going to need cannot be seen or audibly heard or touched?
 
"Come closer, closer than ever
So close to me
Come closer, closer than ever
When I have You, I have all I need

All I need is all I have
All I have is all I need
All I need is all I have
All I have is all I need is
All I have is all I need is You"
 
i love how the ways that God are so contradicting to our natural, sinful nature. it defies our so-called "common sense". truly, my focus....my pursuit needs to be centered on Him and Him alone.
 
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. ( Colossians 3:2 )
 
{song: closer by warren barfield}
 

2 comments:

Bekki said...

Have you heard Israel Houghton's new CD? The Power of One?

jennifer lord said...

no, i have not. i've only heard one really catchy song on it. do ya recommend?