Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chaperonin' andstufflikethat

Howdy! I'm riding the church van, headed to Colorado Springs! Quite excited. Currently we're cruising through New Mexico, which has also seemed like such a dismal state to me. I guess we never pass through the pretty part, if it exists!

I do like these big hill things/rock formations/ I don't know what they are. Dallas is exceedingly flat so anything with some elevation excites me.

Yeah sooooo we (3 young adults) are chaperoning most of the teens from my church. Never done this before! We're headed to Heritage Conference which used to be my summer highlight back in the day! Awww nostalgia!

For a few weeks, my Saturdays were spent asking for money in some form or fashion. This is also known as "fundraising". NOT one of my favorite things to do! It's funny what happens when determination kicks in though. You don't care that its crazy Hot outside.... You're gonna wash those cars because you need that money.

I was seriously ready to throw in the towel a few times: "we're never going to reach our goal!" {Said internally}

But once again, God came sailing in, going beyond the amount that we needed.
OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH!
I think He likes proving me wrong. I like that He likes doing that.

More updates to come!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Fun times! Can I stay in your room??

jennifer lord said...

Yessss! I'm about to mention my room of 16 year old girls in my next post!!