Tuesday, July 12, 2011

wake up call

sometimes God allows things to occur that remind us of how futile this life is without Him.

today, we were informed that someone who had backslid fairly recently had died in a car accident.

it's so sad.... especially since many clearly remember the warning that he heard at his last church service.... the last night of a revival.

we never know when our time will be up. some decide to walk away from God and do their own thing. but what about those who  never leave the church? the prospect of being a backslider on the pew is chilling.

the time we have now is PRECIOUS.
it's only by the grace of God that we still have the opportunity to cry out to Him at an altar or to heartily sing His praises. we should be grateful for the time that we still have to make our hearts right in His eyes. God forbid that I should choose to take all of this lightly.

5 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

I'm so sad to hear this.

I'm always concerned about losing people who are used in our music department. I'm afraid some get used too much and don't spend enough time worshiping, listening to the preaching, and spending time in the altar.

Brittney said...

Oh no! That is so sad...

Jennifer Connell said...

My dad told me about this just the other night, we were all so sad to hear this, especially because I remember him from when we were with you guys in January.

Living for God is always the best option. Especially in the end.

Anonymous said...

sad :(

amen to that last part

Kendra Thaler said...

Lord help us to take it day by day. Its become apparent to me that if we dont' continue to pray, fast and seek the Lord- we are one step away from losing out with God.

I pray for our backsliders often. Because we never really know when our appointed time to die will be.