Thursday, October 4, 2012

a lifestyle of Worship

So this isn't deep or anything {ummm.... is it ever?} but it's what I've been churning on recently.

More and more and more than ever before, I'm seeing the importance of a Lifestyle of Worship.

Sure, I can make it to church every time the doors are open.
I can even be on time for prayer.
I can sing praise and give God worship.
I can pay my tithes and offering.
I can listen to preaching.
I can dutifully go to the altar afterward.
I can fellowship with the saints.

And then I can leave the house of God and live a lifestyle that is totally opposite of what I know is right. 
I can decide to be deliberately disobedient. 
I can be a hypocrite. 

And a few days later, I can make it on time for prayer before the next church service.

My point is that who we are outside of the church is more indicative of the state of our hearts than who we are while we are within the walls of the local church.

Singing/preaching/teaching/playing music are all essential to our services. But we who have a calling to any of those things need to ensure that our hearts are right, even outside of church. It's great to get to prayer on time but 30 minutes or an hour isn't enough. 

He needs to be in our thoughts throughout each day and His word needs to be in our hearts. We should think about songs that glorify Him. We need to make time for prayer and reading. 
He needs to be interwoven into the many aspects of our life.

3 comments:

Michelle Dianne said...

Sooooo true, ma dear. Good post.

(And not true that you're never deep.)

Anali V said...

Good post. It's also a reminder that those who have a calling to those things, as you put it, should make sure their heart is right with God. Sometimes people can hide behind a position at church ya know ?

jennifer lord said...

Thanks, you two.
And Yes, it's easy to hide, Anali.