Hiya!
As I sit here getting caffeinated and listening to Bryan Duncan, here are my pics from the fair this year!
My aunt and sister came in town {yay!} so them and my dad and I went two Thursdays ago. Thursdays are Senior Citizen Day so my dad and aunt got in free! Hahaha! Awwww, but really it was kinda weird and sad to see all of the seniors {as in, the ones who have trouble getting around} at the fair pushing walkers around in the sun, on motorized wheelchairs, being rolled around by nursing home workers, etc! Quite an experience.
![]() |
| We rode the train there! I love the train! |
![]() |
| OK you guys, this is Big Tex... a State Fair icon! He talks and I absolutely loved him as a child. I was there Thurs and the next morning he went up in flames!! So I was glad to get this pic of him! |
![]() |
| My crew with their corn dogs. Can't go to the fair without visiting the Fletcher's stand for a corn dog!! |
![]() |
| Obligatory self pic along with my corn dog |
![]() |
| The Midway.... sensory overload! |
![]() |
| At the car show -- This little Fiat was adorable! |
![]() |
| HAHA! Um No. |
![]() |
| Scion had this cool phone charge bar! My sister and I utilized it. |
![]() |
| This guy is a hoot! |
![]() |
| Crazy slide |
![]() |
| The Girl Scouts gave away free cookies! Yahoo! |
![]() |
| The historic Cotton Bowl stadium |
![]() |
| I love carousels |
![]() |
| My dad and sis! |
![]() |
| The African Acrobats! They were pretty amazing! |
![]() |
| I always have to eat some sort of weird fair food. This year -- well, my frozen lemonade is normal BUT..... that stuff to the right is Deep Fried Pumpkin Pie. And yes, it was yummy! |
![]() | |
| I SO WISH I was in this plane to take this pic!!! The fair and my city lights: LOVE IT! Photographed By Harold Samples. |


















7 comments:
That icon looks scary ! Lol and me no like corn dogs lol
LOLOL YES he does look scary, if you're not used to him!!
Fair time is the ONLY time I eat them. I don't love them but they're a tradition!
Bryan Duncan AND caffeine? I know you're awake now! Love his tunes and energy!
HAHA! He's greatness!!
How fun!! I love the fair!
The shot of the city is awesome!!
Wow, Big Tex huh! And he talks!? Scary lol
That's a huge fair! Looks like fun!
Sis. K - I love it tooo!!!
Britt - Yes, he said, "Howdy folks! Welcome to the great state fair of Texas" among other things! Maybe he'll look less threatening next year!
And yep, it's one of the largest fairs in the country.
Post a Comment